||Think You Know Footy?
||PlayUp Australia Pty Ltd
Start Date:15 April 2021
End Date:2 May 2021
- Entry is open to NSW and Queensland residents aged 18+ (each an Eligible Participant)
- The directors, officers and employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and their immediate families and any of the Promoter’s contractors associated with this Promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
- Excluded Persons are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. Excluded Persons include any person identified as a minor, a problem gambler, a person who has previously engaged in fraudulent behaviour (with respect to the Promotor or otherwise), or a person who is self-excluded with or by the Promoter.
- If a person is identified as an Excluded Person, the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the person to take part in the Promotion, or receive, any or all aspects of the Prize, and the Promoter will notify any relevant regulator accordingly where required by law to do so.
Eligible Participants who satisfy the following criteria (each, an “Eligible Entrant”) will be entered into the Promotion:
- Eligible Participants must register at www.knowyourfooty.com.au and select the winning team in every game of rounds 6, 7 and 8 of the NRL 2021 season in accordance with all instructions provided on that website.
- Tips for each game played during rounds 6, 7 and 8 must be entered before 7:50pm AEST 15 April 2021.
- Tips cannot be altered after 7:50pm AEST 15 April 2021.
- At the end of each of rounds 6, 7 and 8, points will be calculated based on winning tips.
- One (1) point will be awarded for correctly tipping the winner of each NRL game played during rounds 6-8.
Regardless of selection, points will not be awarded if:
- o tips are not submitted prior to 7:50pm AEST 15 April 2021; and/or
- o the winner of a game is not tipped; and/or
- o a round or a game within a round is drawn, postponed, rescheduled or abandoned.
- • At the end of each round, the leaderboard will be updated and visible at www.knowyourfooty.com.au.
||Eligible Participants may enter the Promotion once only.
|Determination of Winner(s)
||The winner(s) will be determined as the Eligible Entrant(s) who has tipped the most winners and accumulated the highest number of points at the end of the Promotion Period (“Winner”). Where there are multiple Eligible Entrants with an equal number of points, each be declared a Winner and the Prize will be evenly split between those Winners.
||The value of the total prize pool is $10,000.
- The Prize will be deposited into the Winner(s) nominated Australian bank account held in their name
- The Winner(s) must re-verify their full name, date of birth and current residential address.
- The Prize is not transferable, substitutable or exchangeable (including any unused portion).
- Winner(s) must be over the age of 18, must not be an Excluded Person
- Prize values are GST inclusive and is in Australian dollars.
- If any part of the prize is not available for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute that part of the prize for something similar in value subject to regulatory approval.
|Notification of prize winners
- At or about the applicable time specified in ‘Key Dates’ below, the Winner/s and (if applicable) Unclaimed Prize Winner/s will be notified as required via the email address and/or phone number provided by them.
- The details of the Winner/s and Unclaimed Prize Winner/s (if applicable) may be published on www.knowyourfooty.com.au.
|Unclaimed prizes or ineligible Winners
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not accept a Prize (including if the Promoter is not able to successfully get in contact with the Winner) by the applicable time specified in ‘Key Dates’ below or if the Winner is determined to not be an Eligible Participant or to not be entitled to the prize pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, then the Prize will be forfeited by that Winner and the Prize will be divided evenly among the remaining Winner(s) (“Unclaimed Prize Winner”).
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever an Unclaimed Prize Winner does not accept the Prize (including if the Promoter is not able to successfully get in contact with them) by the applicable time specified in ‘Key Dates’ below or if the Unclaimed Prize Winner is determined to not be an Eligible Participant or to not be entitled to the prize pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, then the Prize will be forfeited by the Unclaimed Prize Winner and no replacement prizes will be awarded.
- Time of notification of Winner/s: 3pm 14 May 2021
- Time by which Winner must accept prize: 3pm 23 May 2021
- Time of notification of Unclaimed Prize Winner: 3pm 30 June 2021
- Time by which Unclaimed Prize Winner must accept prize: 3pm 31 July 2021
General Terms And Conditions
Any person entering this promotion (“you”) acknowledge and agrees that you have read these Terms and Conditions and that by entering the Promotion you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of the Winner or Unclaimed Prize Winner receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner/Unclaimed Prize Winner. The Promoter encourages the Winner to seek independent financial and tax advice.
Exclusion of Liability
- Whilst the Promoter will use all reasonable endeavours to arrange the delivery of the Prize, by entering this Promotion, a Winner/Unclaimed Prize Winner acknowledges that circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter may prevent the delivery of the Prize (including the failure by the Winner/Unclaimed Prize Winner to notify the Promoter of any change to their delivery details). In such circumstances where the Promoter forms a reasonable belief that any delay or loss of the Prize has not been caused or contributed by the Winner’s negligence, fraud or misconduct, the Promoter may (if circumstances permit) re-deliver the Prize to the Winner.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss, including, but not limited to, direct, consequential (including economic) or indirect loss or any loss of profits, by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or their servants or agents, in connection with this Promotion or the arrangement for supply, or the supply or failure to supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Winner or Unclaimed Prize Winner.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affect, nor is intended to affect, any rights that you might have that are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws.
How we may use your Personal Information
- The Promoter complies with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Any entries become the property of the Promoter. Any information provided will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this Promotion.
- The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion or communicating with you.
- By entering the Promotion, you consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed by the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with this Promotion, and business partners for any promotional activities, including your personal participation in reasonable promotional activities as requested by the Promoter, and any marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to you.
- Your consent includes authorising the Promoter, its agents, affiliates, related business companies, other companies associated with this Promotion and business partners to send you future direct mail and/or electronic messages including but not limited to, SMS, MMS, and email regarding any promotional, marketing and publicity activities.
- You consent to the notification of your personal information to any relevant regulator or state or territory department where required by law to do so. Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and Winner’s names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to provide you reasonable prior notice where their personal information is going to be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments or published under lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any personal information should be directed to the Promoter.
- You consent to the publication of their name and suburb of residence (however their full address will not be published) and agree to participate in reasonable Promotion activities as requested by the Promoter without any further payment or compensation.
How we may use your Personal Information
- The Promoter, its employees, officers, agents and its parent companies and subsidiaries are not responsible for and shall not be liable for:
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted;
- any injuries, losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits), or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the Prize, or from participation in the Promotion or downloading material from www.knowyourfooty.com.au.
- any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion
- The Promoter reserves the right to:
- conduct a review of publicly available information and other information available to the Promoter in relation to the Winner, Unclaimed Prize Winner and, if applicable, their guest/s (which may include politically exposed person, public record, social media, adverse media and other background checks) for the purpose of assessing the honesty and integrity of the relevant Winner, Unclaimed Prize Winner and, if applicable, their guest/s
- in its sole and unfettered discretion, disqualify a Winner and/or Unclaimed Prize Winner or, if applicable, require a Winner and/or Unclaimed Prize Winner to select an alternative guest, where any check referred to in paragraph 4(b)(i) returns an adverse outcome;”
- cancel or suspend the Promotion, should the security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Promotion be compromised in any way by way of any virus or bugs in the IT system used for this Promotion, unauthorised human intervention, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- disqualify any Eligible Participant who engages in offensive, illegal or objectionable conduct in respect of this Promotion;
- disqualify any Eligible Participant who tampers with the entry process, or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions;
- cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in accordance with any written directions given by any relevant government or regulatory authority to do so;
- request a Winner or Unclaimed Prize Winner provide proof of age, identity or proof of residency at the nominated Prize delivery address.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, systems failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest or strikes, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the Promotion or part of the Promotion and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to Australian law.
- By entering this Promotion, you acknowledge that it is a condition of accepting the Prize that they may be required to sign a legal release in a form reasonably determined by the Promoter.
- To the extent that a situation or issue arises for which these Terms and Conditions make no provision or in relation to which the relevant Terms and Conditions are unclear, the Promoter will make a decision regarding such situation. You will have the right to request an internal review of the Promoter’s decision. Subject to any regulator direction to the contrary, the decision of the internal review will be final and binding.
- In the event that a Winner or Unclaimed Prize Winner is identified as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions (the “Refused Winner”), the Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Winner to take part in, or receive, any or all aspects of the Prize, and the Promoter will notify any relevant regulator accordingly where required by law to do so.